Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

When I Get Where I'm Going.

So this is the major thing happening in my life right now...

Andrew and I are moving to Albany, NY this Summer.  WOW!  Neither of us have lived outside of Georgia, so this is going to be a big change and we are super excited.  Why are we moving 947 miles away, you ask?  Well, Andrew is pursuing a Ph.D in Counseling Psychology and will be attending SUNY Albany (UAlbany) in the Fall.  Do I have a job there?  No.  Do we have family there?  No.  Am I worried?  No.

All of this (the logistics of moving such a long distance, packing, purging, reorganizing) has made simplicity a challenge as of late.  But somehow, I have found peace in all of it.  After getting over the initial shock and then the nervousness of breaking the news to our parents, we were really able to see what an awesome road God is leading us down.  The opportunities that come with living in a completely new environment are endless.  New places to see, new people to meet, new experiences to experience.

I'm definitely not saying that this is going to be an easy move for either of us, but we have made the decision to fully live this rather than let this moment pass us by with anxiety filled waiting of the unknown.



Driving from Albany to NYC.


~Angela

3 comments:

  1. I think the move is already helping us simplify . . . getting rid of useless stuff neither one of us wants to load on a U-Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so brave! No, really. This is serious braveness we're talking here and I'm super impressed. I cannot wait to read and hear all about it. And, I am excited for you guys! (Sad for us, though.;) LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud for you. I know it's going to be hard, but you will look back on this experience one day, and realize it is one of THE best decisions you ever made.

    ReplyDelete