Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Weak Blogger Organizes Thanksgiving

I just realized that I haven't posted since August 30th.  I mean, I knew it had been awhile...but almost 3 months?  Wow!  I suppose our life here in NY has been quite busy. 

I have been working on prepping for Thanksgiving for about a month now.  By "prepping" I mean creating and modifying a menu, cleaning and decorating our house, and the most recent activity has been buying the groceries.  I am proud to say that I was able to get it all done in two trips!  I am only cooking for three, but you would think my whole family is coming.  My kitchen counters are now perfectly organized with each dish/pan that I will be using.  I lined all of them up according to the time that I will be using them and put the recipe with each one.  If the recipe includes non-perishable ingredients, those are also with the dish/pan (a trick I learned from my mama).

An example...

My mother-in-love will be here tomorrow...let the Southern Thanksgiving begin!

Speaking of Southern Thanksgiving, my NY friends think it's weird that we cook vegetables in bacon drippings.  I think they might feel differently if they tried my Southern Fried Corn...

~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment