Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It's Not the End

Today marks the end of the school year...and for the first time I have mixed emotions.  This school year brought some of the toughest moments along with some of the best.  Today also marks the end of job certainty in my life.  Up until today, I haven't really worried about getting a job.  But by golly, when those buses pulled away this afternoon, I thought, "What am I going to do?"  Teaching is really all I've ever known.  Teaching is more than what I do, it's who I am.  That's right, I feel like teaching is part of my identity.  So the thought of possibly not teaching next year is a little weird.  I've thought of many other things that I would like to do like being a flight attendant or a nurse, but nothing really speaks to me like teaching does.  I've applied to the openings that are posted for the Capital District...hopefully that magical phone call will come and I will soon have an interview.  Until then, I'll be working my last few days as a Georgia teacher.

On a lighter note, as the buses started pulling out this afternoon some of the buses stalled, my friend Angie (who has an awesome blog and jewelry shop on etsy) started yelling, "Move that bus!  Move that bus!"  If you were there, you would have died laughing (promise)!

No comments:

Post a Comment