Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend and Cooking

Over Memorial Day weekend, our family headed to the beach to spend some quality time relaxing.  Here's what it looked like:

Citrus tree outside of our condo.

Craig fishing in the lagoon outside the condo.

Family photo time!

Me doing what I do best.

Another angle of me doing what I do best.

Mom.

Grandma and Andrew.

It was fairly crowded!

2 dozen raw oysters.  Yummy?

Beauty.

The Gibsons.

Mom and Me.

Now that we are back home, I am in full on summer cooking mode, which is interfering with my motivation to pack!  Today, I am making this:

This pasta is a staple in our house in the summer.  Tomatoes, basil, and garlic are 3 of Andrew's favorite ingredients! (Photo courtesy of Ina Garten)

I'll also be tackling the Pioneer Woman's Pulled Pork:

TPW_0195
Photo courtesy of Ree Drummond.
Then...I will pack.

~Angela

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Betty...I mean, Angela, you gotta give us the links to the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the recipe for the pasta: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/summer-garden-pasta-recipe/index.html

    Here is the recipe for the pulled pork:
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/03/spicy-dr-pepper-shredded-pork/

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete