Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

I'm a Little Bit Country

Let me start this post by telling you that I am a country girl.  I did not grow up in the country and I currently do not live in the country but Andrew can tell you that my dream home would be on several acres of land and possibly include a working hen house and cattle ranch.  I used to think I was a city girl.  All of the shopping, nightlife, restaurants...it all fascinated me.  As I've grown older (lol...I'm calling myself "older")  I've realized that being in nature makes me whole.  Although this hike is one I speak of with great disdain in normal conversation, I can honestly say that on that day I was truly living.  I've never had a better sense of who God was than when I was standing on top of that mountain that I had just climbed...5 miles straight up.  I have some of my deepest thoughts, revelations, and prayers when I am running through the woods using every ounce of strength I have to keep going.  Andrew and I have some of our best conversations when we are hiking or paddling or just lying in our tent camping at the local campground.  Nature forces you to let go. 


What forces you to let go?


Catskill Mountains

~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment