Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What's Happening in the Gibson Kitchen This Week

First off, sorry this post is so late.  Andrew and I were at the cabin until Sunday afternoon and I spent all day yesterday getting ready for the arrival of my other in-laws from Texas (Andrew's mom and step-dad).  Our house is full of boxes and basically looks like a storage unit so I spent yesterday trying to organize the boxes and make things less claustrophobic-feeling (is that even a word?)

Meal #1: Rotisserie Chicken
We picked up a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket on the way home from the cabin on Sunday.  I paired it with some simple sides (mac and cheese and steamed veggies) and that was all she wrote!

Meal #2: Pan Sauteed Porkchops
Another easy-peasy one, two, threesy recipe.  All I did was sprinkle both sides of a porkchop with salt and pepper.  I melted a few tablespoons of butter in with some olive oil in a large skillet.  I also threw in a few whole cloves of garlic for some extra flavor.  Place the porkchops in the skillet and allow to cook for a few minutes on each side (time will vary depending on the thickness of the chop).  I served it up with some smashed potatoes and whole okra.

Meal #3: Pita Pizzas
Have you discovered this yet?  I used to make them religiously once per week.  I hadn't made them in awhile and then we had them at the cabin this weekend.  I was quickly reminded how quick, yummy, easy, and inexpensive they were so I decided to make them on Tuesday.  We topped ours with turkey pepperoni, basil from the garden, and a leftover orange bell pepper from one of those 3-packs.  If you've never tried these here are the steps:

1. Brush pita with a little bit of olive oil
2. Bake at 375 for about 5 minutes (until pita is flat)
3. Top with sauce and toppings
4. Put back in oven and bake for another 10 minutes or so (until cheese is melted)

Meal #4: Tacos! (no explanation needed although about a year ago I quit buying the seasoning packet and started using my own blend in an effort to cut MSG out of our diet--my stomach can't handle it)

Meal #5: Pasta (ya know, boil the noodles and mix with any sauce ya like)

Ree is my fall back gal.  I.love.her.  Have I ever told you that?  The in-laws are arriving on Friday afternoon and I will be making this for dinner.  


Meal #7: Family cookout
On Saturday we will be spending the day poolside and then grilling some hamburgers.  I plan on serving them with my mom's spaghetti salad (it's like a light, summery, pasta salad), baked beans, and some grilled corn on the cob.  

Happy Cooking!

~Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment